Read Giant Rhinos In Space Online:
Tumblr | Tapastic | Smack Jeeves
Updates 3 new pages at 12noon GMT Fridays

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Steve

This is Steve the drummer of The Giant Rhinos. He's quite a hyperactive and loud character.

I've found the drum kit is quite difficult to get right. This is from a page I worked on a couple of months ago, I realised when the picture was finished I've probably drawn his arms doing the wrong thing.

When I've been location drawing there wasn't many opportunities to get close enough to a stage to draw drum kits in that much detail. The drummers I have sketched all have slightly different playing styles too. I'm pleased with the sketch at the bottom from the Cheltenham Jazz Festival 2010 but its probably not the right kind of body language Steve would have while playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment