Read Giant Rhinos In Space Online:
Tumblr | Tapastic | Smack Jeeves
Updates 3 new pages at 12noon GMT Fridays

Thursday 16 August 2012

Blur 2012


I went to see Blur last week with Sarah. It was amazing. I saw them at Wolverhampton Civic Hall in 2009 and was very glad that they were doing 'warm up' gigs there again. We couldn't see Graham Coxon well because the random seats we got were on the left balcony and Dave Rowntree was mostly silhouetted by the lights. I chose not to draw all the way through, but Sarah drew a lot more sketches and you can see them on her blog.


These sketches are of the warm up band called The Bots. They only have 2 band members and we couldn't see the drummer because of the balcony blocking the view again. They were a really energetic band and barely stood still to draw! I liked their amps being on a little train so they could wheel them off quickly between bands.The drum kit we could see is Blur's, as well as Damon's megaphone and many bottles of water.

Blur - Coffee and TV

I found it quite hard to pick just one song to post here. I've posted a video on this blog directed by Hammer and Tongs before. I think they've made some great ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment